Did you know that “Time Management Takes Time…”
I know what you are thinking, what do you mean, “Time Management Takes Time”?
Well I was just saying that most people don’t give themselves time to learn how to manage their time effectively.
As with anything, good time management is a skill, a skill that you need to learn, especially if you are building your home based business while at the same time looking after a family.
Don’t set yourself up for failure by putting unrealistic expectations on yourself.
In our training and marketing centre for our team, one of the most important videos we have is the importance of understanding your priorities before you set your goals.
It is here that they learn that to get time management working well, you need to understand your priorities.
Your priorities are your non negotiable, the things that are the most important to you.
(A little side note here: TV programs are NOT non negotiable…sorry)
Do these two things with your priorities:
- Grab a note pad and pen and write down the things that are the most important to you, you may want to speak to those that are close to you about this.
- Now put them in your diary so that they are there. Once they are in your diary, everything gets worked out around them.
Now that you have your priorities in your diary, you can put the times in that you are going to work your business.
Do these three things with your time management:
- Allocate your learning time.
- Write in your business development time: When you will be talking to people.
- Write in your admin time: Time for your articles, posts, emails and marketing programs.
As you go through this very simple process, you may notice that there are things in your life that need to change, if that is the case then make the changes that are necessary.
It is the person who becomes brutal with their time that gets things done. I want you to understand I said brutal with their time, not with other people.