Facebook is quickly becoming the No 1 spot to find traffic, due to the fact that there are over 500 million users and you may target specially to the ones who are likely to be attracted in your work from home business.
While it is still essentially a social media site where people come to connect with each other, if you know how to apply this interaction correctly, you could entice a lot of followers to your site, which in turn will lead to more sales of whatever product or business opportunity you’re offering.
Before we start, I would like to make sure we are facebook friends. Go to this link and send a friend request – facebook.com/naomiene. It would be great to add a message to let me know how we connected.
Marketing Yourself On Facebook
Facebook is a place where people can develop a relationship with you. Most people will want to see what kind of person you are before they join your team or do business with you. Here are some tips for creating your personal profile on facebook:
1. Facebook Profile: By creating a profile for yourself, you are establishing your identity. This will take you a long way in developing relationships with fellow users and in positioning your business. Your profile lets you interact with people on a personal note. Think carefully about the sort of image you want to portray.
2. Profile Picture: Always put your best foot forward, which means use the most flattering picture as your profile picture. No matter what they say, a book is judged by its cover. Make sure you are smiling. Alot of indifferent people with little time to spare are going to decide whether to add you based on your picture. So, make sure you get this one right!
3. Add Friends: After creating a profile, don’t wait for things to happen. Add new friends every day and the word will spread that you’re on Facebook. Before you know it, you’ll be starting your day by accepting friend requests! However, make sure you don’t add more than 20 people a day as excessive adding can get your profile removed from Facebook. Connect with old friends or with new acquaintances. Find like minded people.
4. Wall: This is your main platform to interact with Facebook users. Post messages on your wall and also comment on members’ activities, though, only when relevant. Put comments that bring value. Quotes are good occasionally and make sure you keep it positive. However, don’t spam people every day or they may remove you from their friend list. Keep it 90% life/fun/social and 10% business.
5. Photo Albums and Videos: The first thing most Facebook users check are photo updates. Photos and videos are a great way for people to connect with you. Take pictures of incentives, your team, your products and conferences. So take that camera and start shooting!
6. Fan Pages: Facebook Pages, known as Fan Pages, are designed for businesses, brands, companies, products and celebrities. It enables public figures, organisations and other entities to create an authentic and public presence on Facebook. You can encourage users to become fans of your page and share information with them by uploading pictures, videos, status updates, hosting discussions and displaying wall posts. Unlike Facebook Profiles, Pages are visible to everyone on the internet and are generally better for long-term relationships with your fans, potential business partners or customers. I will add more on using fan pages for online marketing. They can be very powerful!
7. Groups: Facebook Groups allow people to come together around a common cause or activity to express their views. One of the best features of groups is the ability to send messages directly to members’ Facebook inboxes. It’s a great way to form a community and help your brand image. The good thing here is that you can send bulk invites to your friends, while it is manually done on Pages. Groups are generally better for hosting quick active discussions and attracting attention.
Above all, remember, facebook is a place to build relationships with people. Be yourself, keep it fun and light but don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to grow your work from home business!